Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Following a book for a year? My Social Experiment on weight loss!

Social Experiment. Needed:

1 Crazy Chick - That would be moi!

1 Book

1 YEAR! Oh wow, what am I getting myself into?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I gained 10 pounds.

For the almost 10,000 visitors I've had since the inception of this blog you know I started it at 205 lbs, I just weighed myself yesterday and I now weigh 214.5 lbs :(

How is it that after almost 2 years, I actually ended up HEAVIER?!

Anyway about a week ago I started thinking about my struggle with my weight, and what I wanted to do about it.

What did I come up with?

Team Fat Girl: My Social Experiment on weight loss.

In this day and age of self help books, how to and top ten lists I have decided to follow the principals of a book on weight loss for an entire year.

Why? Because I'm FAT! That's why!

However, what with me being a wagon faller (falling off the wagon) and a procrastinator, I figured that blogging about my social experiment experiences will give me a better sense of accountability. Hmmm, we shall see.

I decided to follow the book I've chosen because of the following reasons:

1-If I knew what to do on my own I wouldn't be fat and getting fatter, so why not turn to the experts

2-The authors base their advice on #1 personal experience (They been there yo, they done that) and #2 on treating our bodies in a way that would be pleasing to God

After reading myriad books,blogs and magazine articles over the years this book still resonates with me and always gives me the AHA! moment most successful people claim to have before they: Lose 100 pounds, start a multi-million dollar business with a $20 investment in their attic or finally find the love of their lives.

I've touted this book for years, but this time around I am going to re-read it from COVER to COVER and follow the plan laid out.


The book?

Fit for Life by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond

Wish me luck and send a prayer up for me, mi gente. Besides the so sad weight gain, my cholesterol is dangerously high and I am like a year away from becoming diabetic.

I'm cracking the book open this evening.

No comments: