Friday, August 3, 2007

Thin-Spiration!

Happy Friday!

I Realized this morning that I hadn't mentioned my unmentionables and decided that this is just unacceptable :) So anyway, most women have a thin-spiration outfit, a dress, a sexy cat suit, a pair of "skinny" jeans that they hang up on the closet door for inspiration. I suppose I have some of those as well. Like I mentioned once before, I have a closet full of clothes that I used to wear, would actually love to wear again, you know?

I may not have an entire outfit to thin-spire me but what I do have is this purty pair of panties :) Aren't they just too cute!!

Back story on why this is what I purchased as my thin-spiration:

Once upon a time there was a sassy boriqua from the Bronx that was not at all happy with her weight, and no, she was not obese, merely a little overweight. So she makes a decision to get fit one day while shopping with her tiny waisted friend. She then embarked on a healthy eating strategy of her own design and joined a gym. Cut to about 7 weeks later and Ms. Sassy entering Victoria’s Secret for the very first time. She leaves with a to-die-for bra and panty set all pink and lacy for only $90. So it s not La Perla, so what, for a single mom, that is a lot of money. But it was worth it when she stepped out of the shower the next morning and slipped them on. They fit like a glove and she felt like the models in the V.S. catalog, about 8 inches shorter, but still. Shopping for exquisite under things became an obsession, a happy sexy obsession.

I know you must be asking yourself, what does the sassy boriqua wear under her jeans now? Well, I wear one of my many "grandma" panties. They were buy one pack get one free from Wal-mart and they came 6 to a pack. They are cotton, they are huge, they are freakishly similar to maternity panties, AND NO I'M NOT PREGNANT. Whaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

So sexy? Not so much.

As I reminisced about my fabulous unmentionables of yester year I knew that making these cutie pattutie panties my very own thin-spiration, was what was in order.

Note: The one I bought is actually a vibrant aqua blue with hot pink trimming. But they are the same style, hipsters.

Can't ya just picture them?

So if you want to lose weight and have a thin-spiration outfit you'd like to share, feel free to do so in the comment area.

That would be the word "comments" right beneath each post, the area where no one ever leaves a message on. I feel really lonely out here in Blogger world. No one stops in to say hi. LOL

Well, even if you don’t…

Have a great weekend,

Laterz

No comments: