Thursday, August 2, 2007

To help or not to help, that is the question.

Why do men run across a parking lot to hold the door open for a slim and trim muchacha, yet hold that same door open only long enough to get through themselves when there is a "unattractive" (beauty is in the eyes of the beholder ladies) or fat woman right behind them?

Okay now, I am obviously not saying ALL men, but a lot, enough for me to write about it.

One of the things that irked my last Puerto Rican nerve was the difference between my last two moves. For the first move in this comparison I was thin and (gasp!, surprise of surprises) had more help than I actually needed for the amount of things that I was taking with me. I actually couldn't believe how many people volunteered since my mom kept saying that you have to ask people in advance to lock down just one or two. And when I got to my new place my new neighbor and his friends were practically tripping over themselves to help.

Cut to my last move a few months ago where I am looking like the Puerto Rican, Pre-Bob Greene, Oprah, and no one offered to help. There were quite a few male neighbors out and not a one offered, not even when my very pregnant sister was maneuvering her way inside with box after box.

I think that common courtesy and chivalry are now being exercised on a case-by-case basis ladies, so beware. And oh yeah, in my case, I gets NO HELP! LOL

But on a happier note, my darlin' friend from Texas, informed me this morning that her size 16's are loose on her, and though she steadfastly refuses to stalk a certain, very delicious Mr. McConaughey on my behalf (You just wait until you want me to stalk someone for you, so NOT gonna happen), I am still excited for her! You go mama :)

And yeah, there are obviously more important things happening in our world, however this is something that bothers me, so I decided to share.

Laterz!

No comments: