Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Star Jones had Surgery? You Don't Say!

So I read yesterday that, OMG! what a friggin surprise, Star Jones admits to having had gastric bypass surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Raise your hand if you didn't already know this? Exactly!

Now listen, I am not one to knock down anyone for having the surgery. My best friends' brother had the surgery and looks Fab! You GO boy, Mucho sexy!

But here's my thing, and even Ms. Jones agrees (seriously, I read it in her interview), why lie about it when you were so open, honest and loud about everything else? I mean the fact that she hid it for so long is just a tad bit loco if you ask me.

And hmmmm, not that I'm a publicist or anything, but how ironic that after years of deny, deny, deny, she finally comes clean when her name and her pic are becoming a hazy and distant memory. You have to admit, she has been put on the back burner of La La Land and the fantabulously annoying paparazzi since right after she left "The View".

And then, BAM! She decides to tell all and she is back in the limelight. Very smart mademoiselle or monsieur Publicist, very smart indeed. Gotta have respect for anyone that can get a "star's" name mentioned when they aren't working on anything of note or attached to anything. Bravo, my dear, Bravo!

Seriously, if I had any need for a publicist and, you know, the ability to actually pay one, I would call that cat up with the quickness.

But I digress; I was bothered simply because as a celebrity, her vehement denial could have, and probably did, affect others. Others that have done the surgery as well as the ones that are looking to the surgery as a chance to get healthy again. She made it seem dirty, wrong, something to be hidden. Kinda like my parents did with sex when we were growing up. lol

Do I like Star Jones? Why, yes, I do. I think that she is educated, funny and a fashionista. What's not to like?!

However, since I have been heard to ask myself aloud recently, why I am not as good a person as I want to be (don't ask), I will say, "Better late than never Star, so thanks. I'm sure you will help many with your story".

Does she give a crap about my opinion? I would have to say, that no, she doesn't, but I am still entitled to one :)

Laterz!

No comments: