Thursday, October 11, 2007

I did it!

I walked twice 'round le block last night :)

I'm fat, lol, I can't believe that the woman huffing and puffing it last night is the same woman that used to do 20 minutes of the stair climber, a 50 minutes step class and 20 minutes of weights, every time I went to the gym, sometimes 6 days a week.

Sheesh, seriously, if you don't use, it you lose it. And I lost it big time.

Then I remember how outta shape I was at the start of it all those years ago and how I gradually got stronger and healthier and I feel better.

I was thinking back to a slap in the face I got a few months ago. In the summer of 2006 My sister, friends and I and our kids took a vacation to Orlando. We had a blast, we did Universal almost every day, to me those two parks are the best, and the older kids prefer them as well. All in all we have a grand ole time.

They did Disney for a day and we shopped and ate and swam till all hours. Anyway, a few months after we returned home, I go to the Bronx to visit one of my best friends and she pulls out her vacation pics.

Needless to say, I was mortified. Now listen I KNOW I'm a big gal, seriously I do, but when I saw that photo I wanted to cry. When had I gotten THAT big you know? And is that how every one else sees me? I always thought I was doing a bang up job of hiding the fat rolls and the belly. Have I mentioned before how I am cursed with the body type in which I gain 80% of my weight in my belly and always look about 6 months pregnant? Well I do, and I hate it. And apparently I wasn't doing such a great job of hiding the mass that is me either :(

The bathing suit photo was the most horrendous and I immediately ordered her to destroy it. Well, the nasty little biatch wouldn't. I can really hate her sometimes, she instead offered it up for incentive. Said I should tape it to my fridge to inspire me to thinness and stop me from snacking. Okay, now she's my friend again.

I can't even remember whether I took the picture or not, but it brought a damper to my weekend, let me just tell you that!

Just thought I'd share that with you since it was on my lind last night.

In case you were wondering, no, I don't plan on regaling you with my daily dinner menu, but if it's something that turned out really delish or something a little off the beaten path, I'll tell you about it.

I didn't think my kids would go for this one, but they did :)

We had "goodwiches" for dinner last night. Ingredients? Everything you usually eat on a sandwich minus the meat and cheese (remember "Fit for Life"). Mine was Italian bread, light mayo, lettuce, tomatoes and onion. My son had bread, mayo and lettuce and my daughter the same.

So great, light and filling.

I've added a list of weight loss fiction that I've read and liked, hope you do too.

Have a healthy day.

Laterz!

No comments: