Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Inspired by the Apartment Walker and The Biggest Loser

Years and years ago my aunt told me about her friend’s husband who had lost upwards of 100 pounds walking in his apartment. Not house, mind you, an apartment. He was uncomfortable hitting the pavement in New York City along side the skinny minnie's and so instead he created a workout for himself.

He bought some walking kix and a Walkman (I told you it was year ago - lol). Then he proceeded to walk around his place like a mad man an hour a day. And guess what? IT WORKED.

You always hear that you should incorporate exercise into your daily routine. It's been said that even if you're too busy to do a consistent amount of time, you can break it up into 10 minutes increments and get the same benefits.

So, last night as I was watching The Biggest Loser, and they spoke about consistency being key to success I decided to test the theory. A consistent 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there should show some improvement to not only my weight but my overall health.

Side Bar: Dinner was totally Fit for Life, cabbage, salad and baked chicken seasoned with fresh garlic and oregano, and kosher salt. You should try it, it was sooooo delish :)

After work today I will be walking. Now remember that I am outta shape like a mutha. However, drum roll please, I will attempt to walk around my block at least twice.

And NO, twice around the block will in no way get me ready for a marathon. But I figure it this way, for someone as sedentary as I am, that is a huge step, no pun intended. I mean it's a lot for a women, ahem, I mean gal ;) like me that is huffing and puffing while trying to keep up with my kids at the mall.

But you know I already don't want to do it right? LOL - I'm thinking of a hundred reasons I shouldn't even attempt it, but I have to resist the urge to do that same thing every day and expect different results.

And it is supposed to rain which is my biggest excuse, and though I love the rain, I don't like wet sticky clothes clinging to my Fat-tabulous body. If it does rain, I will rip a page from the Apartment Walker and crank up some music and walk around my house.

Wish me luck mi gente,

Laterz!

No comments: