Friday, August 15, 2008

Fit for Life and my Sister

A few months back my sister called to tell me that she has been stuck at the 205lb mark. No matter what she ate or how much water she drank she wasn't seeing any more changes, the scale was stalled, she'd hit a plateau, and it was driving her Loca. Anywho, and yes I know its sounds hypocritical since I've fallen off the wagon so to speak, I suggested she give "Fit for Life" a try. At first she was really hesitant, said she couldn't imagine feeling satisfied if she couldn't have her arroz y pollo (rice and chicken) together, etc. So I said, well, Just try it for a week, if you don't like it then stop.

A week later I checked in and she said that although there was no change on the scale she felt a lot better and had a ton more energy. So she was up for giving it another 2 weeks or so. Long story short?! She's hooked :)

It's now been another 2 months, so almost 3 months total time since she started to eat the "Fit for Life" way and not only did she break the 205lb wall, she surpassed it indeed. And before you say "I thought the pounds melted off when you did it", they did. Every one is different and for my sister it's harder to lose weight. Big picture though is that a sensible "regular" low fat diet was doing nothing and "Fit for Life" broke that barrier for her.

As of last night she is officially at 191lbs. you GO mama! I am so happy for her, she's a beautiful girl and looks better with every passing day.

As you well know, this is NOT my first post singing the praises of Fit for Life and I have to find my own motivation again to get back on it. In the interest of full disclosure, I have added a link to buy the "Fit for Life" book through my blog on Amazon. Why? because I really believe that this program can change lives and if my readers are going to give it a try I would love for them to help this single mom out while doing it.

Thanks Guys and big ups to my lil sis in Colorado!

Laterz!

No comments: